Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Simple Bear

Happy April 1st!  Do you pull April Fool's Day pranks?  I do not, it doesn't appeal to me at all.  So, it's not joke that today begins another challenge from Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.  As always, it is "Anything Goes" all month long.  Enter as many times as you want and build up that Christmas card stash.  Our sponsor is the fabulous Bugaboo Stamps and the winner will receive 7 images of their choice.  Here is my inspiration card:
I just bought some Spectrum Noir markers and I'm working on learning how to use them.  I like the blending and shading abilities, but on my card stock they bleed a bit.  It's just learning a new skill I think.  The image has been printed out for a while and has been sitting in my image stash and the striped papers were just scraps.  Love it when I can use up some things like that.

Challenges:
Viva La Verve March week 4--sketch

Sister Act Card Challenge #99--anything goes
Winter Wonderland--embossing
DRS Designs #167--pet store (the bear is not a pet, but he is an animal)
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #42--Dies to Die 4
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge #73--add a sentiment
Christmas card challenge #17--anything goes
Holly Jolly--feature a creature
Creative Craft Cottage #36--digi/3 of a king (I have three green enamel dots)

Supplies:
Stamps: Bugaboo Stamps "Poinsettia Bear" digi; Verve "Ornamental Christmas" sentiment
Dies/embossing folder: Verve "Flag It!"; Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder; MFT "Blueprints 13" die-namics

8 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Heather this is absolutely gorgeous I love the design as well as that cute image, superb make.
hugs
lorraine x

Janett said...

Very sweet card. Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Heather Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

Jennifer said...

Love your cute card, Heather. The rich colours, and the embossed background look great!

Thank you for joining us for our 'Embossing' challenge at Winter Wonderland.

Hugs
Jennifer. x

Unknown said...

Very sweet image and a beautiful card creation! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge this week!
Kamila DT

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card and an adorable image. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

Marsha Reed said...

Cute card, Heather! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC

Anonymous said...

Hello, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us thisfortnight. Creative Craft Cottage Good luck. We would love to see you again for our next challenge.
Chrissy DT Member