Friday, January 8, 2016

Groovy

Events usually sneak up on me, so this year I decided to start on my Valentine's Day cards a little early. : )  I think I will probably be sending this one to my best friend.  

I didn't use the traditional colors (except pink) or hearts, but combined with the sentiment inside that says Happy Valentine's Day, I thought the sentiment on the front was perfect for the occasion.  Since I am using the Mojo Monday sketch from Verve, I decided to go completely verve with my stamps and most of my dies.  I started out by stamping an image from "Celebrating You" with  brown ink on the background for a tone-on-tone effect. I created my own "patterned paper" by stamping a text from "Text Objects", a flower from "Surely Goodness" and some leaf sprigs from "Be Blessed".  The second photo shows the background stamping better than the first.  The white circle, pink flower, star border and the dotted ribbon were all in my "bits and pieces" stash.  I'm going to try really hard to use it a bit more this year.

Challenges:
Inspiration Destination #67--anything goes
Crafty Gals #53--anything goes
The Paper Shelter #230--punches and/or dies
Crafting by Designs--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #217--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Creative Inspirations #342--florals
Mojo Monday #429--sketch


Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Celebrating You", "Surely Goodness", "Text Objects", "Be Blessed"
Dies: Verve "Border Trim Trio" and "Sprightly Sprigs"; Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; Marvy Uchida flower punch

9 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the stamped background panel and gorgeous color combo. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday this week!

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Heather loving the colours and design a super make
hugs
lorraine x

Christine said...

This is amazing! Your background is wonderful and oh-so-creative!

Ginny Maxam said...

very beautiful card!! Thank you for sharing your Art with us at Word Art Wednesday anything goes challenge # 217! Ginny M, DT

Michelle said...

Lovely I love the sentiment.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Cards By MI said...

Smashing creation! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Shelter. A new fun challenge is now up.
Love n hugs
Marie

Natalie said...

Sweet card and fun sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card
Thank for your always encouraging me

Barbara GR said...

Gorgeous card Heather!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations!
Hugs, Barbara GR